ISO 9001:2015 is an international quality standard used to assess the ability of a business to meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements and thereby address customer satisfaction.
ISO 9000 is a generic name given to a family of standards developed to provide a framework around which a quality management system can effectively be based. The ISO 9000 family includes:
- ISO 9000:2000(*) Quality Management System fundamentals and vocabulary
- ISO 9001:2000(R) Quality Management System requirements
- ISO 9004:2000(*) Quality Management Systems guidelines for performance improvement
ISO 9001:2008, the requirement standard, includes the following main sections:
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Resource Management
- Product Realization
- Measurement Analysis and Improvement
What does it mean to me?
In order to use ISO 9000 to the fullest in helping you manage your organization's processes, there are a number of steps to take:
- First you need to define what you do and how your organization goes about its business,
- Then capture this in a documented system,
- and you have to do whay you say you do,
- then make sure you do it effectively,
- and lastly demonstrate this to your stakeholders through registration
Contact us to further discuss how to obtain an ISO 9001 Certification.